Wednesday 31 July 1940
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on July 31, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Stanley Jaffe and Stanley R. Jaffe.
The Return of Frank James, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 31 July 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 July 1940!
Which were the important events of 31 July 1940 ?
- St. John Columbini
- Republic of the Congo - Upswing of the Revolution
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint Ignatius of Loyola (founder of the Jesuits)
- St. Conrode (son of Leo and Kurt / El Gauchito Gil's former wife)
- St. Helen of Skofde
- La Hae Hawai?i - Hawaiian Flag Day
- Stanley R. Jaffe: Politician.
- Stanley Jaffe: Producer (Fatal Attraction).
- Carol J Clover: American academic.
- Carol Clover: American author and academic.
- Roy Walker: Northern Irish comedian actor and game show host.
- 38 U-boats sinks this month (196,000 ton)
- A doodlebug train in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio collides with a multi-car freight train heading in the opposite direction, killing 43 people.