Tuesday 2 July 1940
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kenneth Clarke .
All This, and Heaven Too, directed by Anatole Litvak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
while Kitty Foyle by Christopher Morle was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1940!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1940 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Kenneth Clarke: English politician Lord High Chancellor of Great Britain.
- Dutch Prime Minister Colijn publishes Borders of 2 Worlds (German victory)
- Hitler orders invasion of England
- Prime Minister Churchill meets General Major B Montgomery
- Lake Washington (Seattle, Washington) Floating Bridge dedicated.
- Indian independence leader Subhas Chandra Bose is arrested and detained in Calcutta.
- WWII: British-owned off northwest Ireland with the loss of around 865 lives.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?