Saturday 6 July 1940
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 6, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Nursultan Nazarbayev and Paul Fujii.
Maryland, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 July 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 July 1940!
Which were the important events of 6 July 1940 ?
- Comoros - Independence Day (1975).
- Feast day of St Maria Goretti.
- Lithuania - Statehood Day.
- Malawi - Independence Day (1964).
- Malawi - Republic Day (1966).
- Roman festivals: Ludi Apollinares, games in honour of Apollo (since 208 BC) began today.
- San Fermin a Spanish Catholic festival centered in Pamplona begins today.
- Music festival EXIT begins today in Serbian town of Novi Sad.
- Czech Republic - Jan Hus Day (1415).
- Nursultan Nazarbayev: Kazakh politician, 1st President of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- Paul Fujii: American boxer.
- Viktor Kuzkin: USSR -- Ice hockey player (1964, 68, 72 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Jeannie Seely: American country music singer.
- British submarine is sunk.