Saturday 27 July 1940
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on July 27, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Pina Bausch and Gary Kurtz.
Lucky Partners, directed by Lewis Milestone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 July 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 July 1940!
Which were the important events of 27 July 1940 ?
- Maldives - Independence Day, 2nd Day
- Vietnam - Memorial Day for War Martyrs
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Guletaju Diena held
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 10 saints: St. Pantaleon
- St. Congall
- The Seven Sleepers, Saints Maximian
- Cuba - Revolution Day, 2nd Day
- St. Luican
- Pina Bausch: German dancer, choreographer and ballet director, mastermind of the company that changed the face of post modern dance.
- Gary Kurtz: American film producer, who worked with George Lucas to develop such highly successful films as "American Graffiti," "Star Wars" and "The Empire Strikes Back.
- Troy Perry: American author and minister, the pastor of the primarily homosexual congregation of the Los Angeles Metropolitan Church.
- Bharati Mukherjee: Writer.
- Billboard magazine starts publishing bestseller charts.
- The animated short A Wild Hare is released, introducing the character of Bugs Bunny.