Wednesday 24 July 1940
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dan Hedaya and Carroll A Campbell Jr.
Le Jour se Leve, directed by Marcel Carn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
while How Green Was My Valley by Richard Llewellyn was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 July 1940!
Which were the important events of 24 July 1940 ?
- Utah - Pioneer Day (1847)
- St. Ruffin
- St. Wulfhad
- St. David
- St. Romanus, 2nd bishop of Rochester.
- St. Lewine
- St. Kinga/Cunegundes
- St. Francis Solano
- St. Saint Christina the Astonishing
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 9 saints: St. Lupus
- Ancient Latvia - Jekaupa Diena held
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Leo
- Vanuatu - Children's Day
- Ecuador - Sim=n Bolfvar Day
- Venezuela - the Libertador (Sim=n Bolfvar Day)
- Dan Hedaya: American actor.
- Carroll A Campbell Jr: (Rep-R-South Carolina, 1979-86).
- Stanley Hauerwas: American theologian.
- Ethan Blackaby: American baseball player, a left-handed outfielder with the Milwaukee Braves between 1962 and 1964.
- Adriano Durante
- 1st illegal Newsletter of Pieter It Hen publishes in the Netherlands
- Linthorst Homan, de Quay and Einthoven forms Dutch Union
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?