Wednesday 3 July 1940US date format: 7/3/1940, UK date format: 3/7/1940
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on July 3, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lamar Alexander and Mario Zanin.
Maryland, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 July 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 July 1940!
Which were the important events of 3 July 1940 ?
- National holiday in Belarus
- Feast day of Saint Thomas
- Start of the Dog Days
- Lamar Alexander: American politician, a Republican...
- Mario Zanin: Italian cyclist, winner of a Gold Medal...
- Fontella Bass: American singer-songwriter (d. 2012).
- Fontella Bass in Saint Louis: Missouri, USA; vocalist ("Rescue Me").
- Michael Cole: American actor, popular during the years...
- Cesar Tovar: Venezuelan baseball player (d. 1994).
- Jerzy Buzek: Polish engineer and politician 9th Prime...
- César Tovar: Venezuelan baseball player (d. 1994).
- Danièle Giraudy: French Curator of Heritage, Curator of...
- Heather Steel: British judge.
- Lance Larson: United States -- 100m freestyle swimmer...
- ARP-leader / ex-premier Colijn argues cooperation with Germany
- British Royal Navy sinks French fleet in North Africa
- German occupiers forbids using Dutch royal names
- World War II: the French fleet of the Atlantic based at Mers el Kebir, is bombarded by the British fleet, coming from Gibraltar, causing the loss of three battleships: Dunkerque, Provence and Bretagne. One thousand two hundred sailors perish.