Sunday 25 August 1940
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 25, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include José Van Dam and Marie-Thérèse Boisseau.
Night Train to Munich, directed by Carol Reed, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 August 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 August 1940!
Which were the important events of 25 August 1940 ?
- Roman festivals - Opiconsivia held in honor of Ops.
- RC Saints - Genesius of Arles, Saint Louis IX of France, Saint Joseph Calasanz
- Uruguay - National Day (independence from Brazil in 1825).
- Philippines - National Heroes' Day.
- José Van Dam
- Marie-Thérèse Boisseau: French politician, Secretary of State for the Disabled, 2002-2004.
- Jose Van Dam: Belgian baritone.
- Maria Elmi: Italian television announcer, presenter, journalist, actress and singer.
- José van Dam: Belgian actor and singer.
- Wilhelm von Homburg: German boxer and actor (d. 2004).
- Jean d'Orleans: duc de Guise, Orleanist pretender to the French throne (Born 1874).
- 1st (British) night bombing of Germany (Berlin)
- 1st parachute wedding
- Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia incorporated into Soviet Union