Thursday 18 July 1940
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include James Brolin in Los Angeles and Joseph Torre outfield/manager (Atlanta Braves.
All This, and Heaven Too, directed by Anatole Litvak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
while The Nazarene by Sholem Asch was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 July 1940!
Which were the important events of 18 July 1940 ?
- Uruguay - Constitution Day
- James Brolin in Los Angeles: California, USA; actor (Dr Kiley - Marcus Welby, Peter - Hotel).
- Joseph Torre outfield/manager (Atlanta Braves: New York Mets, 1971 National League Most Valuable Player).
- James Brolin: American actor; the handsome 6'4" actor made his mark as an actor in the TV hit series, Marcus Welby in the late 60s and early 70s.
- Joe Torre: American athlete, pro baseball player who made a solid reputation as baseball manager for the New York, Yankees.
- 1st successful helicopter flight, Stratford, Connecticut
- British government signs Bruma law under Japanese pressure
- Democratic Convention nominates FDR for a 3rd term
- First successful helicopter flight, Stratford, Connecticut, USA.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?