Thursday 18 July 1940
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 18, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include James Brolin and Joe Torre.
Pride and Prejudice, directed by Robert Z. Leonard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 July 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 July 1940!
Which were the important events of 18 July 1940 ?
- Uruguay - Constitution Day
- James Brolin: American actor; the handsome 6'4" actor made his mark as an actor in the TV hit series, Marcus Welby in the late 60s and early 70s.
- Joe Torre: American athlete, pro baseball player who made a solid reputation as baseball manager for the New York, Yankees.
- James Brolin in Los Angeles: California, USA; actor (Dr Kiley - Marcus Welby, Peter - Hotel).
- Joseph Torre outfield/manager (Atlanta Braves: New York Mets, 1971 National League Most Valuable Player).
- 1st successful helicopter flight, Stratford, Connecticut
- British government signs Bruma law under Japanese pressure
- Democratic Convention nominates FDR for a 3rd term
- First successful helicopter flight, Stratford, Connecticut, USA.