Tuesday 9 July 1940
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Salvito and Eugene Victor Wolfenstein.
All This, and Heaven Too, directed by Anatole Litvak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
while Stars on the Sea by F. van Wyck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 July 1940!
Which were the important events of 9 July 1940 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Our Lady of Peace.
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day: Martyrdom of the B�b.
- Palau - Constitution Day.
- Argentina - Independence Day.
- Roman festival - Caprotinia, or feasts of Juno Caprotina.
- John Salvito: Rocker (Duprees).
- Eugene Victor Wolfenstein: American political scientist (d. 2010).
- David Frohnmayer: American lawyer and politician 12th Oregon Attorney General (d. 2015).
- Eugene Wolfenstein: American psychoanalyst and theorist (d. 2010).
- German Evangelist Church protests against euthanasia pogroms
- RAF bombs Germany
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?