Sunday 28 July 1940
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Philip Proctor .
Le Jour se Leve, directed by Marcel Carn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
while How Green Was My Valley by Richard Llewellyn was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 July 1940!
Which were the important events of 28 July 1940 ?
- St. Celsus
- St. Victor
- St. Innocent
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Nazarius
- San Marino - Fall of the Fascist Government
- Peru - Independence Day
- Faroe Islands - �lavs�ka Eve
- Canada - Commemoration of the deportation of the Acadians
- St. Sampson (a bishop)
- Philip Proctor: American voice actor and screenwriter.
- Johann Richard Ohlsson: Composer, dies at 66.
- Radio Orange, London begins
- Yankee Charlie Keller hits 3 HRs to beat White Sox 10-9
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?