Sunday 28 July 1940
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Philip Proctor .
Le Jour se Leve, directed by Marcel Carn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 July 1940!
Which were the important events of 28 July 1940 ?
- St. Celsus
- St. Victor
- St. Innocent
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Nazarius
- San Marino - Fall of the Fascist Government
- Peru - Independence Day
- Faroe Islands - �lavs�ka Eve
- Canada - Commemoration of the deportation of the Acadians
- St. Sampson (a bishop)
- Philip Proctor: American voice actor and screenwriter.
- Johann Richard Ohlsson: Composer, dies at 66.
- Radio Orange, London begins
- Yankee Charlie Keller hits 3 HRs to beat White Sox 10-9
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?