Monday 29 May 1939
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on May 29, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Al Unser and Isabelle Corey.
Wolf Call, directed by George Waggner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Trooping the Colour.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 May 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 May 1939!
Which were the important events of 29 May 1939 ?
- Nigeria: Democracy Day.
- Saint Theodosia
- Bah�'f Faith: Ascension of Bah�'u'llah.
- United Kingdom: Oak Apple Day.
- Venezuela: Tree Day.
- Saint Erwin
- Saint Maximinus of Trier
- Argentina: Army Day.
- Blessed Adhemar
- Al Unser: American race car driver who, as the youngest member of a famous race-car family, became the first driver to win the U.S.
- Isabelle Corey
- Nanette Newman: Writer / actress (Endless Game, Of Human Bondage).
- André Rossinot: French politician, minister of public function in 1993.
- Ursula Julia Ledochowska: Polish-Austrian Catholic saint (Born 1865).
- Albanian fascist leader Tefik Mborja is appointed as member of the Italian Chamber of Fasces and Corporations.