Sunday 21 May 1939
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Albert Glatigny and Heinz Holliger.
It's a Wonderful World, directed by W.S. Van Dyke II, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
while The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 May 1939!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 21 May 1939 ?
- Saint Constantine the Great
- Saints Constantine and Helena
- Saint Mireille
- Saint Charles-EugFne de Mazenod
- Dia de la Afrocolombianidad marks the abolition of slavery in Colombia.
- Navy Day (Dfa de las Glorias Navales) in Chile.
- Saint Goderik
- Albert Glatigny: French poet, comedian and playwright.
- Heinz Holliger: Swiss oboe player composer and conductor.
- The Canadian National War Memorial is unveiled by King George VI and Queen Elizabeth in Ottawa.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?