Monday 22 May 1939
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on May 22, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gary Goldschneider and André Rossinot.
Wolf Call, directed by George Waggner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Percy Ponsonby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 May 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 May 1939!
Which were the important events of 22 May 1939 ?
- Saint Humilita
- Saint Rita of Cascia
- Victoria Day in Canada
- World Biodiversity Day.
- Republic of Yemen - National Day.
- National Heroes Day in Sri Lanka.
- National Maritime Day in the United States.()
- Saint Atto
- Saint Emile
- Saint Fulk
- Saint Lupus
- Saint Romanus
- Saint Julia
- Saint Renata of Bavaria
- Gary Goldschneider: American-Dutch child prodigy pianist and composer, astrologer and writer.
- André Rossinot
- Arni Egilsson: Icelandic-American jazz classical musician, a bass player and composer.
- Paul Winfield: American actor (d. 2004).
- Larry Siegfried: American athlete and pro basketball player, Siegfried played with the Boston Celtics from 1963 to 1970.
- Dick Berk: American drummer and bandleader (d. 2014).
- Hitler and Mussolini sign Pact of Steel
- World War II: Germany and Italy sign the Pact of Steel.