Saturday 20 May 1939
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 20, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Pierre-Elie Ferrier and Bruce Beasley.
Wolf Call, directed by George Waggner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Percy Ponsonby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 May 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 May 1939!
Which were the important events of 20 May 1939 ?
- Saint Austregisilus
- Saint Lucifer
- Saint Theodore of Pavia
- Saint Bernardine of Siena
- East Timor National Day.
- Cameroon National Day.
- Saint Ivo of Chartres
- Pierre-Elie Ferrier
- Bruce Beasley: American sculptor, he has worked in metal, wood, stone and acrylic.
- James Fox: Actor.
- Balu Mahendra: Sri Lankan-Indian director cinematographer and screenwriter (d. 2014).
- John Younger: Scottish politician Lord Lieutenant of Tweeddale.
- Joe Carr: NFL hall of famer / NFL President (1921-39), dies at 59.
- 3 Little Fishies, by Kay Kyser hits #1
- 1st regular transatlantic airmail (NY to Marsseille France)
- Pan Am begins regular transatlantic airmail and passenger service across the North Atlantic.
- Pan-American Airways begins trans-Atlantic mail service with the inaugural flight of its Yankee Clipper from Port Washington, New York.