Wednesday 3 May 1939
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jonathan David Harvey and Jose Torres.
Union Pacific, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
while The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 3 May 1939 ?
- Saint Apostle James the Lesser
- Black Madonna of Cz?stochowa Queen and Protector of Poland (since April 1, 1656)
- Antonia and Alexander (martyrs of 313)
- Saint Emily Bicchiere (1238 - 1314
- Saints Eventius and Alexander, Saint Theodulus (martyrs of 119)
- Saint Ansfrid (c. 1008)
- Saint Alexander I
- Saint Apostle Philip
- Feast of the Finding of the Holy Cross, aka the Invention of the True Cross.
- Discoflux (Discordianism).
- Constitution Day in Poland and Japan.
- World Press Freedom Day.
- Saint Juvenalis (d. 376)
- Jonathan David Harvey: English composer (Bhakti, Music of Stockhausen).
- Jose Torres: United States -- Boxer (Olympics).
- Gates Brown: American baseball player, a left-hitting/right-throwing left fielder who played with the Detroit Tigers from 1963 to 1975, winning the World Series in 1968.
- Michel Roussin: French politician, minister of cooperation in 1993.
- Jonathan Harvey: English composer and educator (d. 2012).
- [Karl Eduard] Wilhelm Groener: German general, dies at age 71.
- The All India Forward Bloc is formed by Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?