Tuesday 16 May 1939
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Janine Langlois-Glandier and Jacques Lescaut.
It's a Wonderful World, directed by W.S. Van Dyke II, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
while The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 May 1939!
Which were the important events of 16 May 1939 ?
- Saint HonorT of Amiens
- Saint Andrew Bobola
- Saint Ubaldus
- Adelaide Cup day - South Australia (2005).
- Saint Simon Stock
- Saint John Nepomuk or John Nepomucene (1330 - 1393)
- Saint Brendan the Navigator - also in the Irish Calendar.
- Teacher's Day in Malaysia.
- Janine Langlois-Glandier: French television director, a specialist in the audiovisual and communication sector.
- Jacques Lescaut: Belgium musician, actor, siderealist astrologer, data collector and publisher.
- Pascal Salin: French economist, professor emeritus at the Université Paris-Dauphine and a specialist in public finance and monetary economics.
- 1st AL night game, Philadelphia Shribe Park (Indians 8, Athletics 3 in 10)
- Food stamps are first issued.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?