Tuesday 16 May 1939
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 16, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jacques de Lescaut and Janine Langlois-Glandier.
Wolf Call, directed by George Waggner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Percy Ponsonby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 May 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 May 1939!
Which were the important events of 16 May 1939 ?
- Saint HonorT of Amiens
- Saint Andrew Bobola
- Saint Ubaldus
- Adelaide Cup day - South Australia (2005).
- Saint Simon Stock
- Saint John Nepomuk or John Nepomucene (1330 - 1393)
- Saint Brendan the Navigator - also in the Irish Calendar.
- Teacher's Day in Malaysia.
- Jacques de Lescaut
- Janine Langlois-Glandier: French television director, a specialist in the audiovisual and communication sector.
- Jacques Lescaut: Belgium musician, actor, siderealist astrologer, data collector and publisher.
- Pascal Salin: French economist, professor emeritus at the Université Paris-Dauphine and a specialist in public finance and monetary economics.
- 1st AL night game, Philadelphia Shribe Park (Indians 8, Athletics 3 in 10)
- Food stamps are first issued.