Saturday 13 May 1939
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Harvey Keitel and Siegfried Fischbacher.
It's a Wonderful World, directed by W.S. Van Dyke II, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
while The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 May 1939!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 13 May 1939 ?
- Saint Maria Dominica Mazzarello (died 1881)
- Saint John the Silent
- Saint Gerald of Villamagna
- Saint Robert Bellarmine
- Saint Servatus
- Our Lady of Fatima
- Rotuma Day in Fiji.
- World Fair Trade Day (2006).
- Abbotsbury Garland Day, Dorset, England.
- Commemoration of Julian of Norwich (Anglican).
- Saint Rolanda
- Harvey Keitel: American actor and producer.
- Siegfried Fischbacher
- Harvey Keitel in Brooklyn: New York, USA; actor (Taxi Driver, Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs).
- William W Cobey Jr American politician (Representative-Republican-North Carolina: 1985-87).
- Terry Dill in Fort Worth: Texas, USA; PGA golfer (1992 Bank One Senior Classic).
- Jean-Pierre Laymarie: French homicide; he killed his seven children, including a newborn.
- Hildrun Claus: German long jumper.
- Peter Frenkel: German race walker and coach.
- Anthony Hide: Racehorse trainer.
- SS St. Louis departs Hamburg with 937 Jews fugitives
- 65th Preakness: George Seabo aboard Challedon wins in 1:59.8.
- The first commercial FM radio station in the United States is launched in Bloomfield, Connecticut. The station later becomes WDRC-FM.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?