Friday 25 October 1940
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on October 25, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bobby Knight and Michèle Fieux.
The Mark of Zorro, directed by Rouben Mamoulian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Gabby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 October 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 October 1940!
Which were the important events of 25 October 1940 ?
- Day of the Romanian Army
- Virgin Islands - Thanksgiving Day : end of the hurricane season
- Republic of China - Taiwan Retrocession Day (1945)
- Also see October 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Feast day of Saints Crispin and Crispian; Six Welsh martyrs and companions; forty martyrs of England and Wales
- Kazakhstan - Republic Day
- Bobby Knight: College basketball coach (Indiana, Olympic - Gold - 1984).
- Michèle Fieux: French physical oceanographer, also specializing in meteorology and climatology.
- Bob Knight: American basketball player who later became a coach at Indiana University.
- Jimmy Herman: Canadian actor (d. 2013).
- Benjamin O Davis Dr became 1st Black general in US Army
- Colonel Bo Davis attains rank of Brigadier General
- US Army General Benjamin Davis becomes 1st black general