Sunday 25 November 1945
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include George Webster and Cindy DeLee.
The Lost Weekend, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
What the sky looked like on 25 November 1945
Is this date important to you?
Commemorate it with a beautiful, custom-made star map of the constellations above you on 25 November 1945. A perfectly unique and touching gift!
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 November 1945!
Which were the important events of 25 November 1945 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Catherine of Alexandria; Moses?
- Bosnia and Herzegovina: National Day (1943)
- Surinam - Independence Day (from the Netherlands, 1975)
- International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women
- George Webster: American football player, a linebacker who played with the NFL for the Houston Oilers (1970-1971), Pittsburgh Steelers (1972-1973), and New England Patriots (1974-1976).
- George D Webster: American football player (d. 2007).
- Cindy DeLee: American astrologer, awarded the PAI Award in 1978 for her successful battle with the City Hall of Millbrae, CA in having astrology removed from the category of "soothsayer" from the city's legal system.
- Rosa Praunheim: Latvian film maker and author, forefront of the Gay Movement, one of the leading figures in gay and lesbian cinema and New German Cinema.
- Gail Collins: American journalist and author.
- Patrick Nagel: American painter and illustrator (d. 1984).
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1945 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Holiday For Strings - Spike Jones & His City Slickers
- Waitin' for the Train to Come In - Harry James & His Orchestra (Vocal Kitty Kallen)
- The Honeydripper - Jimmie Lunceford Orch v Delta Rhythm Boys
- Waitin' for the Train to Come In - Johnny Long & His Orchestra