Sunday 25 November 1945
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include George Webster and George D Webster.
Dick Tracy, directed by William Berke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
while Cass Timberlane by Sinclair Lewis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 25 November 1945 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Catherine of Alexandria; Moses?
- Bosnia and Herzegovina: National Day (1943)
- Surinam - Independence Day (from the Netherlands, 1975)
- International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women
- George Webster: American football player, a linebacker who played with the NFL for the Houston Oilers (1970-1971), Pittsburgh Steelers (1972-1973), and New England Patriots (1974-1976).
- George D Webster: American football player (d. 2007).
- Cindy DeLee: American astrologer, awarded the PAI Award in 1978 for her successful battle with the City Hall of Millbrae, CA in having astrology removed from the category of "soothsayer" from the city's legal system.
- Rosa Praunheim: Latvian film maker and author, forefront of the Gay Movement, one of the leading figures in gay and lesbian cinema and New German Cinema.
- Gail Collins: American journalist and author.
- Patrick Nagel: American painter and illustrator (d. 1984).
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1945 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Waitin' for the Train to Come In - Harry James & His Orchestra (Vocal Kitty Kallen)
- Waitin' for the Train to Come In - Johnny Long & His Orchestra
- The Honeydripper - Jimmie Lunceford Orch v Delta Rhythm Boys
- Holiday For Strings - Spike Jones & His City Slickers
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?