Monday 26 September 1921
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Clarence Maddern and Frances Melrose.
Rip Van Winkle, directed by Edward I. Luddy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
while The Valley of Silent Men by James Oliver Curwood was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 September 1921!
Which were the important events of 26 September 1921 ?
- Clarence Maddern: American professional baseball outfielder who appeared in 104 Major League games for the Chicago Cubs in 1946, 1948 and 1949, and the Cleveland Indians in 1951.
- Frances Melrose: American newspaper columnist, the historical columnist for the Denver Rocky Mountain News and the founder of Denver Women’s Press.
- Betsy Wyeth: American writer and noted family member, wife of artist Andrew Wyeth and mother of famous artist Jamie Wyeth.
- Yankee Ruth hits HRs 57 and 58 to beat Indians 8-7
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1921 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- All By Myself - Ted Lewis & His Band
- Dangerous Blues - Mamie Smith & Her Jazz Hounds
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?