Saturday 26 January 1924
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Annick Tellenne and Henri Pichette.
The Morning After, directed by Sidney Lumet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 January 1924
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 January 1924!
Which were the important events of 26 January 1924 ?
- Roman Empire - third day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra.
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Timothy and Titus
- Saint Paula
- Saint Alberic
- Margaret of Hungary
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Uganda - Liberation Day.
- India - Republic Day - One of only three state holidays in India, celebrated with pomp and a military parade in New Delhi.
- International Customs Day.
- Australia - Australia Day.
- Annick Tellenne
- Henri Pichette: French writer.
- Armand Gatti: French playwright, poet, journalist, screenwriter, filmmaker and former WW II resistance fighter.
- Teddy Edwards
- Alice Babs: Swedish singer.
- Annette Strauss: American philanthropist and politician Mayor of Dallas (d. 1998).
- Warren Frank Benson: Composer.
- Charles Jewtraw, US 500m skater, takes first Winter Olympics gold medal.
- Saint Petersburg, Russia, is renamed Leningrad.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1924 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- An Orange Grove in California - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Sleep - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
- My Home Town in Kansas - Frank Crumit
- It Ain't Gonna Rain No Mo' - Wendell Hall