Tuesday 22 January 1924
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Loris Fortuna and Corrado Lojacono.
Wild Oranges, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 January 1924
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 January 1924!
Which were the important events of 22 January 1924 ?
- New Zealand - Wellington Anniversary.
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Vincent.
- Loris Fortuna: Italian politician; after changing his parties in 1956, he became a Senator in 1963.
- J J Johnson: Composer / jazz trombonist.
- Corrado Lojacono: Italian singer, actor and song composer, who died in Milan on 23 October 2012.
- J Johnson: American trombonist and composer (d. 2001).
- Ján Korec: Slovak cardinal (d. 2015).
- Charles Lisanby: American production designer and art director (d. 2013).
- Baldwin government resigns in England
- KGO-AM in San Francisco CA begins radio transmissions
- Dutch Blast Furnace and Steel Factory opens.
- Ramsay MacDonald becomes the first Labour Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1924 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- An Orange Grove in California - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Sleep - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
- My Home Town in Kansas - Frank Crumit
- It Ain't Gonna Rain No Mo' - Wendell Hall