Sunday 20 January 1924
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Slim Whitman and Telly Savalas.
Wild Oranges, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 January 1924
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 January 1924!
Which were the important events of 20 January 1924 ?
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Aquarius.
- Saint Fabian
- Epiphanius of Pavia
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Sebastian
- Presidential Inauguration Day in the United States.
- The Eve of St. Agnes.
- Slim Whitman: American singer.
- Telly Savalas: Greek-American actor who was best known for his role as "Kojak," the bald-headed, lollipop-eating, tough New York City cop known for his trade phrase, "Who loves ya, baby?" Before his international TV stardom, Savalas played many villains in feature films.
- Yvonne Loriou: Houilles Musician.
- Yvonne Loriod: French pianist and composer (d. 2010).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1924 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Sun-Kist Rose - Vincent Lopez & His Orchestra
- Dipper Mouth Blues - King Oliver & His Jazz Band