Thursday 26 December 1940US date format: 12/26/1940, UK date format: 26/12/1940
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on December 26, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Edward C. Prescott and Phil Spector.
Hudson's Bay, directed by Irving Pichel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Tom and Jerry.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 December 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 December 1940!
Which were the important events of 26 December 1940 ?
- First day of Kwanzaa
- Australia - Proclamation Day (South Australian public holiday), for the foundation of the Australian state of South Australia on December 28, 1836 but commemorated on this day.
- Wrenboys celebrate Wren in Ireland
- Period of Ursids meteor shower ends about this day
- Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia - Tsunami Awareness Day/Tsunami Memorial (or Remembrance) Day
- Mandala Pooja at Sabarimala in Kerala, India
- First day of Junkanoo street parade in the Bahamas (the second day is on the New Year's Day)
- Wren day in Ireland and the Isle of Man.
- Boxing Day in the Commonwealth of Nations.
- The first day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- St. Stephen's Day, a public holiday in Catalonia, Croatia, Czech Republic, and the Republic of Ireland.
- R.C. Saints - Saint Stephen
- South Africa - Day of Goodwill, a public holiday
- Slovenia - Independence and Unity Day (1990)
- Phil Spector: Businessman.
- Edward C. Prescott: Economist.
- Harmen Siezen: Dutch TV-journal host.
- Edward Prescott: American economist and academic Nobel...
- Ray Sadecki: American Major league baseball pitcher.
- 1st-class debut of Arthur Morris, who scores 148