Monday 26 February 1940
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Clotilde Bacri and Jean Failler.
The Baker's Wife, directed by Marcel Pagnol, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
while How Green Was My Valley by Richard Llewellyn was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 February 1940!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 26 February 1940 ?
- Blessed Edigna
- Saint Mechtild (d. 1154)
- Blessed Leo of Furnes (d. 1163)
- Saint Victor
- Saint Alexander of Alexandria
- Saint Nestor (died 251)
- Liberation Day in Kuwait (1991).
- Nation of Islam - Savior's Day - commemoration of the birthdate of Wallace Fard Muhammad, believed to be Allah in human form, the saviour of the black race.
- Clotilde Bacri
- Jean Failler
- Azzedine Alaïa
- Oldřich Kulhánek: Czech painter illustrator and stage designer (d. 2013).
- US Air Defense Command established at Mitchell Field, Long Island, New York.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?