Friday 27 August 1943
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tuesday Weld and Bob Kerrey.
Sahara, directed by Zoltan Korda, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
while Mrs. Parkington by Louis Bromfield was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 August 1943!
Which were the important events of 27 August 1943 ?
- Moldova - Independence Day (from the USSR, 1991)
- Roman festivals - Volturnalia held in honor of Volturnus
- RC Saints - Saint Monica of Hippo
- Tuesday Weld: American actress who, by the age of 21, had been in a dozen movies and well over a hundred TV shows.
- Bob Kerrey: American politician and entrepreneur, the senior Senator from Nebraska, Vice Chairman of Senate Select Committee and a member of Senate Finance Committee and Senate Agriculture Committee.
- Susan "Tuesday" Weld in New York City: New York, USA; actress (Dobie Gillis, Wild in Country).
- Chuck Girard: American singer-songwriter and pianist (Love Song and The Castells).
- Otto Selz: German psychologist (In Auschwitz).
- Japanese forces evacuate New Georgia Island in the Pacific Theater of Operations during World War II.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?