Thursday 27 August 1914
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include William Hiltner and Catherine Marshall.
Aftermath, directed by Elliot Lester, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 August 1914
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 August 1914!
Which were the important events of 27 August 1914 ?
- Moldova - Independence Day (from the USSR, 1991)
- Roman festivals - Volturnalia held in honor of Volturnus
- RC Saints - Saint Monica of Hippo
- William Hiltner: American astronomer and astrophysicist who taught at the University of Chicago from 1943-70.
- Catherine Marshall: Editor / writer.
- Heidi Kabel: German musician and actress, most of whose stage roles were performed at the Ohnsorg-Theater in Hamburg, many of them in Low German.
- John Weiss: German new testament.
- 2nd day of battle at Tannenberg: German bombs Usdau
- US war reporter Richard H Davis visits Leuven