Tuesday 27 August 1940
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 27, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Hart and Warren Harding "Sonny" Sharrock.
The Westerner, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 August 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 August 1940!
Which were the important events of 27 August 1940 ?
- Moldova - Independence Day (from the USSR, 1991)
- Roman festivals - Volturnalia held in honor of Volturnus
- RC Saints - Saint Monica of Hippo
- David Hart: General Secretary (National Association of Head Teachers).
- Warren Harding "Sonny" Sharrock: Jazz guitarist.
- Fernest Arceneaux: American singer and accordion player (d. 2008).
- Sonny Sharrock: American guitarist (Last Exit) (d. 1994).
- Caproni-Campini CC-2, experimental jet plane, maiden flight (Milan).