Saturday 27 January 1945
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 27, 1945). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Henri Texier and Clarissa Pinkola Estes.
Roughly Speaking, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
On TV people were watching Aktuelt kvarter.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 January 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 January 1945!
Which were the important events of 27 January 1945 ?
- UN ? International Holocaust Memorial Day
- Germany ? Gedenktag fnr die Opfer des Nationalsozialismus (Commemoration Day for the Victims of National Socialism).
- Catholicism ? Catholic Schools Week.
- Poland ? Dzie? Pami?ci Ofiar Nazizmu (Memorial Day for the Victims of Nazism).
- Italy ? Giorno della Memoria (Memorial Day).
- Denmark ? Auschwitzdag (Auschwitz Day; commemoration day for the victims of the Holocaust and other genocide).
- Serbia ? St. Sava Day.
- United Kingdom ? Holocaust Memorial Day.
- Henri Texier: French jazz double bassist, perhaps best known for his 1960s work with Don Cherry and for his 1980s band the "Transatlantik Quartet", which featured Joe Lovano, Steve Swallow and Aldo Romano.
- Nick Mason: Musician.
- Clarissa Pinkola Estes: Poet.
- Mairead Corrigan-Maguire: North Irish peace activist (Nobel Prize 1976).
- Nicholas Berkeley Mason drummer (Pink Floyd - "The Wall": "Money").
- Harold Cardinal: Cree political leader, writer, and lawyer (Born 1945).
- Nazi occupiers forbid food transport to West (The Netherlands)
- Russia liberates Auschwitz and Birkenau Concentration Camp (Poland)
- Wally van Hall, banker in defiance, arrested
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1945 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Perry Como - I Dream Of You
- Harry James & His Orchestra - I'm Beginning To See The Light
- Bing Crosby - Evelina
- Cocktails For Two - Spike Jones & His City Slickers
- Frank Sinatra - I Dream Of You