Saturday 28 March 1914
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bohumil Hrabal and Edmund Muskie.
The Star Boarder, directed by George Nichols, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 March 1914
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 March 1914!
Which were the important events of 28 March 1914 ?
- Saint Sixtus III
- Slovakia, Czech Republic - Teachers' Day.
- Saint Castor
- Saint Gontram (died 592)
- Saint Malchus
- Saint Priscus
- Bohumil Hrabal: Czech author (d. 1997).
- Edmund Muskie: American politician who served in the Maine House of Representatives from 1947-1951 and was the Democratic floor leader from 1949-1951.
- Kenneth Richard Norris: Australian entomologist (d. 2003).
- Guido Carli: Italian politician, economist, banker.
- Frank Lovejoy: Bronx, New York -- Actor (Man Against Crime, Meet McGraw).
- Kenneth Norris: Australian entomologist and academic (d. 2003).
- Everett Ruess: American explorer poet and painter (d. 1934).
- Edward Anhalt: American screenwriter and producer (d. 2000).
- Edmund Sixtus Muskie (Senator-Democrat-Maine): US Secretary of State (1980).
- Hanus Trnecek composer: dies at age 55.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1914 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Little Grey Home in the West - Charles Harrison
- La Golondrina (The Swallow) - Victor Military Band
- That International Rag - Prince's Orchestra
- All Aboard for Dixieland - American Quartet