Friday 27 March 1914
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Snooky Lanson Memphis Tennessee and Budd Schulberg New York City.
The Star Boarder, directed by George Nichols, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 March 1914
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 March 1914!
Which were the important events of 27 March 1914 ?
- St. Augusta
- Angolan Victory Day.
- World Theatre Day
- St. John of Egypt
- St. Lydia
- Feast day of Rupert of Salzburg in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Budd Schulberg New York City: New York, novelist (On the Waterfront).
- Snooky Lanson Memphis Tennessee: singer (Your Hit Parade, Five Star Jubilee).
- Ces Burke: New Zealand cricketer (d. 1997).
- Richard Denning: Poughkeepsie, New York -- Actor (Steve-Karen, Hawaii Five-0).
- Budd Schulberg: American author screenwriter and producer (d. 2009).
- Kris Sivara: Thai general and politician Thai Minister of Defence (d. 1976).
- 1st successful blood transfusion (in Brussels)
- Belgian surgeon Albert Hustin makes the first successful non-direct blood transfusion, using anticoagulants.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1914 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Little Grey Home in the West - Charles Harrison
- La Golondrina (The Swallow) - Victor Military Band
- That International Rag - Prince's Orchestra
- All Aboard for Dixieland - American Quartet