Thursday 28 June 1928
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Cyril Smith (politician) and John Michael Gorst.
The Michigan Kid, directed by Irvin Willat, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 June 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 June 1928!
Which were the important events of 28 June 1928 ?
- Feast of St Irenaeus of Lyon
- Vidovdan, Orthodox religious holiday commemorating St. Vitus
- National Handshake Day
- Cyril Smith (politician)
- John Michael Gorst
- Hans Blix: Swedish politician and diplomat 33rd Swedish Minister of Foreign Affairs.
- Eric Dolphy: American jazz musician, he played saxophone, clarinet and flute.
- Andrew Gordon Speedie-Pask: Cybernetician stage producer / lyricist.
- Cyril Smith: Actor (Adventures of Sir Lancelot), dies at 70.
- Harold Evans: English journalist and writer; editor of The Sunday Times.
- Ronald Alfred Gardyne "Rags" Butler: Sailor.
- Claus Biederstaedt: German actor and voice actor.
- Friedrich Schmiedl attempted rocket mail in Austria (unsuccessful)
- Alfred E Smith (Governor of New York) is nominated for President of the USA at Democratic Convention.
- The International Railway (New York – Ontario) switches to one-man crews for its trolleys in Canada.