Friday 30 August 1940
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 30, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Westerner, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 August 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 August 1940!
Which were the important events of 30 August 1940 ?
- International Day of the Disappeared
- Turkey - Victory Day (to commemorate the Battle of Dumlupinar in 1922)
- Peru - Saint Rose of Lima's Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 30 August
- The Second Vienna Award re-assigns the territory of Northern Transylvania from Romania to Hungary.
- September ndash The U.S. Army 45th Infantry Division (previously a National Guard Division in Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, and Oklahoma), is activated and ordered into federal service for 1 year, to engage in a training program in Ft. Sill and Louisiana, prior to serving in WWII.