Tuesday 30 July 1946
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on July 30, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jeffrey Hammond-Hammond and Bill Forsyth.
Notorious, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Musical Contrasts.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 July 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 July 1946!
Which were the important events of 30 July 1946 ?
- Vanuatu - Independence Day
- St. Julitta (a martyr)
- St. Sennen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Abdon
- Bill Forsyth: Director.
- Jeffrey Hammond-Hammond: Rock bassist (Jethro Tull).
- Allan Clarke: British soccer player with Leeds United who turned to club management.
- Patrick Le Sage: French master of BD/SM (bondage and discipline/sadomasochism) and author of the books, "Le journal d'un Maître" and "Le Sage et la Soumise.
- Neil Bonnett: American race car driver sportscaster and actor (d. 1994).
- Jeffrey Hammond: English bass player (Jethro Tull).
- 1st rocket attains 100 mi (167 km) altitude, White Sands, New Mexico
- First rocket attains 100 miles (167 km) altitude, White Sands, New Mexico, USA.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1946 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Hawaiian War Chant (Ta-Hu-Wa-Hu-Wai) - Spike Jones & His City Slickers
- South America, Take It Away - Bing Crosby & Andrews Sisters
- Frank Sinatra - Five Minutes More
- Just the Other Day - Sam Donahue & His Orchestra
- I Know - Tex Beneke & The Glenn Miller Orchestra