Monday 30 December 1941US date format: 12/30/1940, UK date format: 30/12/1940
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on December 30, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Philippe Cousteau and Claude Leteurtre.
Cheers for Miss Bishop, directed by Tay Garnett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Gabby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 December 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 December 1941!
Which were the important events of 30 December 1941 ?
- The sixth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Pope Felix I (optional memorial)
- Philippines - Rizal Day
- Philippe Cousteau: French oceanographer and...
- Claude Leteurtre
- James Burrows: TV producer / director (Mary Tyler Moore...
- Childe Wills: early associate of Henry Ford, one of...
- In Sweden, Victor Hasselblad forms the Victor Hasselblad AB Camera Company.
- In Korea, the ''Hunminjeongeum'' (1446) is discovered, explaining the basis of the Hangul alphabet.
- US historian Arthur Marder publishes ''The Anatomy of British Sea Power: a history of British naval policy in the pre-Dreadnought era, 1880-1905''.
- Olympic Games, assigned to Tokyo, Japan, and later to Helsinki, Finland, are suspended due to WWII.