Monday 30 December 1940
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Philippe Cousteau and James Burrows.
The Reluctant Dragon, directed by Alfred L. Werker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
while Oliver Wiswell by Kenneth Roberts was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Men at Work.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 December 1940!
Which were the important events of 30 December 1940 ?
- The sixth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Pope Felix I (optional memorial)
- Philippines - Rizal Day
- Philippe Cousteau: French oceanographer and cinematographer, the younger son and chief protégé of his famous dad, Jacques Cousteau, working as a diver and photographer.
- James Burrows: TV producer / director (Mary Tyler Moore Show, Cheers).
- Childe Wills: early associate of Henry Ford, one of the first employees of the Ford Motor Company, and a contributor to the design of the Model T (Born 1878).
- In Sweden, Victor Hasselblad forms the Victor Hasselblad AB Camera Company.
- In Korea, the ''Hunminjeongeum'' (1446) is discovered, explaining the basis of the Hangul alphabet.
- US historian Arthur Marder publishes ''The Anatomy of British Sea Power: a history of British naval policy in the pre-Dreadnought era, 1880-1905''.
- Olympic Games, assigned to Tokyo, Japan, and later to Helsinki, Finland, are suspended due to WWII.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1940 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Yes, My Darling Daughter - Dinah Shore
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?