Saturday 30 January 2010
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 30, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to TiK ToK by Ke$ha.
Bloodworth, directed by Shane Dax Taylor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while I, Sniper by Stephen Hunter was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Rosario Tijeras.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing BlayzBloo: Super Melee Brawlers Battle Royale or Lego Harry Potter: Years 1–4.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 January 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 January 2010!
Which were the important events of 30 January 2010 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 30 January
- Extreme weather, including snow and wind, leads to ampquotchaosampquot and as many as three deaths in Bavaria and North Rhine-Westphalia. (Press TV)
- The Togo national football team is banned for two tournaments and fined $50,000 for withdrawing from the 2010 Africa Cup of Nations after the fatal attack on their team bus in Angola. The Government of Angola and Confederation of African Football are both to be sued by the families of the dead. (Xinhua)
- Aftermath of the 2010 Haiti earthquake:
- The United States suspends medical evacuations in the aftermath of the 2010 Haiti earthquake due to a dispute as to who should pay for treatment. (''New York Times'')
- Several Americans have been charged with child smuggling for attempting to take Haitian children to the Dominican Republic. (BBC)
- Puerto Rico investigates a group of its doctors who took photographs of patients and performed operations in the earthquake zone while smiling, drinking and holding guns. (''The Washington Post'')
- Tunisian journalist Taoufik Ben Brik, who criticised the country's leader and who is, according to Amnesty International, a ampquotprisoner of conscienceampquot, loses his appeal against a six-month prison sentence for assault. (''Taiwan News'')
- Authorities in China arrest two people after an incident on board a flight from Xinjiang bound for Wuhan in which a passenger set fire to some toilet paper which forced the plane to turn around. (Reuters)
- The leader of the Shia Houthi rebel group in northern Yemen, Abdul-Malik al-Houthi, says they will accept a ceasefire if government actions against them cease. (AFP)
- Judges across Italy stage a walk out over Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi's proposed judicial reforms. (BBC)
- 12 people drown and least 20 others are missing after a boat accident in West Godavari District, Andhra Pradesh in India. (''Taiwan News'')
- The President of the Central Bank of Argentina resigns after a row with the country's President, Cristina Fernández de Kirchner. (''The Financial Times'')
- China suspends military exchanges and reviews cooperation on issues with the United States after the latter agreed to a proposed weapons sale to Taiwan. (BBC)
- Honda recalls 650,000 of the Honda Fit (also known as Honda Jazz) vehicles worldwide over potential electrical faults. (''The Guardian'')
- Publishing company MacMillan said that on-line retailer Amazon.com, Inc. has removed all MacMillan print and e-books from its site due to a dispute over the pricing of books sold through Amazon's Kindle reader. (Wall Street Journal)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 30 January 2010
Serie AItalian Football
- Bari - Palermo : 4 - 2
- Napoli - Genoa : 0 - 0
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Club Brugge - Westerlo : 2 - 1
- Mechelen - Cercle Brugge : 1 - 2
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Bayern Munich - Mainz : 3 - 0
- Ein Frankfurt - FC Koln : 1 - 2
- Hannover - Nurnberg : 1 - 3
- Hertha - Bochum : 0 - 0
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Augsburg - Bielefeld : 3 - 1
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in January 2010?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- It Kills Me - Melanie Fiona
- BedRock - Young Money Featuring Lloyd
- Say Aah - Trey Songz Featuring Fabolous
- I Invented Sex - Trey Songz Featuring Drake
- Ludacris - How Low
- Sade - Soldier Of Love
- Alicia Keys - Try Sleeping With A Broken Heart
- Money To Blow - Birdman Featuring Lil Wayne & Drake
- Mary J. Blige - I Am
- Snoop Dogg - I Wanna Rock
Top #10 Latin songs
- Dile Al Amor - Aventura
- Me Gusta Todo De Ti - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Hay Ojitos - Intocable
- Se Me Va La Voz - Alejandro Fernandez
- La Calabaza - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Did It Again (Lo Hecho Esta Hecho) - Shakira
- Te Ira Mejor Sin Mi - Joan Sebastian
- El Doctorado - Tony Dize
- Te Ves Fatal - El Trono de Mexico
- Estuve - Alejandro Fernandez
Top #10 Rock songs
- Break - Three Days Grace
- I Will Not Bow - Breaking Benjamin
- Muse - Uprising
- If You Only Knew - Shinedown
- Weezer - (If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To
- Kings And Queens - Thirty Seconds To Mars
- Your Decision - Alice In Chains
- Phoenix - 1901
- Savior - Rise Against
- Pearl Jam - Just Breathe
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?