Sunday 30 May 1920
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include André Cailloux and Franklin J Schaffner.
The Flapper, directed by Alan Crosland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
while The Man of the Forest by Zane Gre was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 30 May 1920 ?
- Saint Reinhilde
- Peru ? National Potato Day .
- United States ? Memorial Day (originally ? currently last Monday in May).
- Saint Ferdinand III
- Saint Gabinus
- Saint Jeanne d'Arc
- Trinidad and Tobago ? Indian Arrival Day(National Holiday).
- André Cailloux
- Franklin J Schaffner
- George London (bass-baritone)
- Franklin Schaffner: Japanese-American director and producer (d. 1989).
- John Heawood: Actor / singer / choreographer (Chitty Chitty Bang Bang).
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Prince's Orchestra - Afghanistan
- That Wonderful Kid from Madrid - Al Jolson
- When My Baby Smiles at Me - Ted Lewis & His Band
- I'll See You In C-U-B-A - Billy Murray
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?