Monday 30 October 1939
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Grace Slick and Grace Slick in Chicago.
The Flying Deuces, directed by A. Edward Sutherland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
while Escape by Ethel Vance was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 October 1939!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 30 October 1939 ?
- St. Marcel
- Bl. John Slade
- St. Theonestus
- St. Talacrian
- St. Herbert
- St. Serapion
- USA - Mischief Night in some areas (known as Devil's Night in Detroit)
- St. Macarius
- Also see October 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Zenobius & Zenobia
- St. Saturninus
- St. Dorothy of Montau
- St. Artemas
- St. Arilda
- St. Alfonso Rodrfguez
- Calendar of Saints - October 30th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Bl. Angelus of Acri
- St. Maximus
- Grace Slick: American singer, the queen of acid-rock with "Jefferson Airplane," which evolved into "Jefferson Starship.
- Grace Slick in Chicago: Illinois, USA; rock vocalist (Jefferson Airplane - "White Rabbit").
- Edward Holland: Jr.
- Jean Chapman: English author.
- Harvey Goldstein: English statistician and academic.
- Leland Hartwell: American biologist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- Eddie Holland: US singer / songwriter (Jamie, Leaving Here).
- German U-boat fails on attack of English battleship Nelson with Winston Churchill, Dudley Pound and Charles Forbes aboard
- USSR and Germany agree on partitioning Poland, Hitler deports Jews
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?