Friday 31 January 1947
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 31, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Nolan Ryan and Jonathan Banks.
Nora Prentiss, directed by Vincent Sherman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Muffin the Mule.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 31 January 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 January 1947!
Which were the important events of 31 January 1947 ?
- Blessed Ludovica
- Saint Geminianus
- Saint Marcella
- Saint Pedro Nolasco
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Bosco, patron saint of educators, circus artists and magicians.
- Nolan Ryan: American baseball pitcher known as the fastest in history, able to throw a ball clocked at 100.
- Jonathan Banks: American actor.
- Elena Nathanael: Greek actress (d. 2008).
- Jim Nollman: Composer.
- Glynn Turman: American actor director and producer.
- The Communists take power in Poland.
- The lowest air temperature in North America (-63 degrees Celsius) is recorded in Snag, Yukon Territory.
- Percival Prattis becomes the first African-American news correspondent allowed in the United States House of Representatives and Senate press galleries.
- Bolesław Bierut becomes the President of Poland.
- The Government of the United Kingdom announces the £25 million Tanganyika groundnut scheme for cultivation of peanuts in the Tanganyika Territory.