Friday 17 January 1947
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 17, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Peter Werner (director) and Philip Plisson.
Odd Man Out, directed by Carol Reed, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Muffin the Mule.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 January 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 1947!
Which were the important events of 17 January 1947 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
- Peter Werner (director)
- Philip Plisson
- Jane Elliot in New York City: New York, USA; actress (Baby Boom, General Hospital, Knots Landing).
- Todd Susman in Saint Louis: Missouri, USA; actor (Goodnight Beantown).
- Jane Elliot: Actress.
- Jean-Baptiste Chanfreau: French international tennis player, who competed in the Australian Open in 1969 and in the Davis Cup a number of times, from 1970 to 1973.
- Philippe Marland: French senior official, former Ambassador, and Permanent Representative of France to the OECD.
- Ulysses Dove: Dancer / choreographer.
- Gail Toushin: LPGA golfer.
- Muiden Netherlands ammunition factory explodes, 16 die.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1947 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Managua, Nicaragua - Freddy Martin & His Orchestra
- Sonata - Jo Stafford