Thursday 16 January 1947
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 16, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Laura Schlessinger and Juliet Berto.
Odd Man Out, directed by Carol Reed, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Muffin the Mule.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 January 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1947!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1947 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- Laura Schlessinger: American counselor and radio personality.
- Juliet Berto: Screenwriter / actress (Bastienne Bastien), dies at 42.
- Sarah Jane Olson: American political activist.
- Ovidio Bompressi: Italian homicide, a member of a political group, Lotta Continua.
- Michel Chion: French composer of experimental music and a theoretician and teacher of audio-visual relationships.
- Dr Laura Schlessinger in Brooklyn: New York, USA; TV/radio host/author (Go take on the day).
- Magdalen Nabb: English author and educator (d. 2007).
- Sara Olson: American criminal.
- Harvey Proctor: English politician.
- Elaine Murphy: Baroness Murphy English academic and politician.
- Georgette Mosbacher: CEO (La Prairie cosmetics).
- Vincent Aurial elected President of France.
- Vincent Auriol is inaugurated as president of France.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1947 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Managua, Nicaragua - Freddy Martin & His Orchestra
- Sonata - Jo Stafford