Sunday 30 June 1940
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on June 30, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Víctor Erice and Simon Byl.
The Sea Hawk, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 June 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 June 1940!
Which were the important events of 30 June 1940 ?
- Independence Day in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- First Martyrs of the See of Rome.
- Víctor Erice
- Simon Byl: Belgian historian (hellenist), specialising in biological and medical history of ancient Greece.
- Mark Spoelstra: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 2007).
- Brenda Starr cartoon strip, by Dale Messick, 1st appears
- 58 U-boats (284,000 ton) sunk this month
- US Fish & Wildlife Service forms
- US Fish and Wildlife Service is established.