Sunday 30 June 1940
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Simon Byl and Mark Spoelstra.
All This, and Heaven Too, directed by Anatole Litvak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
while The Nazarene by Sholem Asch was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 June 1940!
Which were the important events of 30 June 1940 ?
- Independence Day in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- First Martyrs of the See of Rome.
- Simon Byl: Belgian historian (hellenist), specialising in biological and medical history of ancient Greece.
- Mark Spoelstra: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 2007).
- Brenda Starr cartoon strip, by Dale Messick, 1st appears
- 58 U-boats (284,000 ton) sunk this month
- US Fish & Wildlife Service forms
- US Fish and Wildlife Service is established.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?