Monday 31 July 1939
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on July 31, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Susan Flannery and France Nuyen.
In Name Only, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Trooping the Colour.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 31 July 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 July 1939!
Which were the important events of 31 July 1939 ?
- St. John Columbini
- Republic of the Congo - Upswing of the Revolution
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint Ignatius of Loyola (founder of the Jesuits)
- St. Conrode (son of Leo and Kurt / El Gauchito Gil's former wife)
- St. Helen of Skofde
- La Hae Hawai?i - Hawaiian Flag Day
- Susan Flannery: American actress and director.
- France Nuyen: French-Chinese former model and Hollywood actress.
- Eugene Ferguson: American radio newscaster and investigative reporter since 1967.
- John West: American musician, a guitarist with Gary Lewis and the Playboys.
- Steuart Bedford: English pianist and conductor.
- John R West: Rock guitarist (Gary Lewis & Playboys-This Diamond Ring).
- Eleanor Smeal: Activist.
- Peter Bogdanovich: Director.