Friday 8 June 1956
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I'll Be Home by Pat Boone was in the top 5 hits.
The Great Locomotive Chase, directed by Francis Lyon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 June 1956!
Which were the important events of 8 June 1956 ?
- Saint Sabinianus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Puy]
- World Ocean Day.
- Saint Audomar, bishop of ThTrouanne, confessor (Translation day)
- Saint Elphege, bishop, martyr (Translation day)
- Saint Marius, hermit [GTZ: Clermont]
- Trojecia, virgin (at Rodez)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta.
- Blessed Chlodulph, bishop of Metz
- Blessed Gildard, bishop of Rouen, confessor
- Blessed Maximinus, bishop of Aix en Provence
- Blessed William, bishop of York, confessor
- Blessed Syra of Ireland, virgin
- Syria, virgin (at Troyes)
- saint Medard, bishop of Noyon, confessor [common]
- Nicolas Beytout: French political journalist and columnist.
- Udo Bullmann: German politician.
- Jonathan Potter: English psychologist sociolinguist and academic.
- Marie Laurencin: French painter and print maker.
- Lim Yem Hock forms Singapore government
- WDAM TV channel 7 in Laurel-Hattiesburg, MS (NBC) begins broadcasting
- General Electric/Telechron introduces model 7H241 quotThe Snooz Alarmquot, first snooze alarm clock ever. Telechron.net
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?