Friday 22 June 1956
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I'll Be Home by Pat Boone was in the top 5 hits.
The King and I, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 June 1956!
Which were the important events of 22 June 1956 ?
- Darryl Brohman: Australian rugby player and sportscaster.
- Alfons De Wolf: Belgian cyclist.
- Shah Mehmood Qureshi: Pakistani statesman.
- Ron Haslam: English motorcycle racer.
- Shah Qureshi: Pakistani agriculturist and politician 25th Pakistani Minister of Foreign Affairs.
- Tim Russ: American actor director and screenwriter
- Manuel Saval: Mexican actor (Born 1956)
- Markus Schatte: German footballer manager and coach
- François Hadji-Lazaro: French musician, actor, and producer of greek descent, formerly primary school teacher. Inspired by Bod Dylan, he founded the folk group "Pénélope", and then the rock groups "Pigalle" and "Les Garçons Bouchers" with singer Eric Blitz replaced by Pierre Favre, aka Sapu (born 13 July 1960, Lyon). As an actor, he played particularly in "La cité des enfants perdus", directed by Jean-Pierre Jeunet, and "The Brotherhood of the Wolf".
- Green [Gartside]: Rock vocalist (Scritti Politti-Flesh & Blood)
- Derek Forbes: Scottish punk rock musician, singer, songwriter and bass guitarist with the group "Simple Minds," formed in Glasgow, 1977. With a quick wit, Forbes possesses a large repertoire of unprintable one-liner quips. He also draws cartoons, is a painter and decorator and an animal lover. He claims that his off-the-wall goal in life is to "get something like a lion or tiger or a black panther or something like that. Just take it into the street and frighten the sh** out of people, it would be amazing."
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?