Friday 22 June 1956
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Green [Gartside] and Shah Mehmood Qureshi.
In UK I'll Be Home by Pat Boone was in the top 5 hits.
The King and I, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Joe & Mabel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 June 1956!
Which were the important events of 22 June 1956 ?
- Green [Gartside]: Rock vocalist (Scritti Politti-Flesh & Blood).
- Shah Mehmood Qureshi: Pakistani statesman.
- Derek Forbes: Scottish punk rock musician, singer, songwriter and bass guitarist with the group "Simple Minds," formed in Glasgow, 1977.
- François Hadji-Lazaro: French musician, actor, and producer of greek descent, formerly primary school teacher.
- Darryl Brohman: Australian rugby player and sportscaster.
- Alfons De Wolf: Belgian cyclist
- Ron Haslam: English motorcycle racer
- Shah Qureshi: Pakistani agriculturist and politician 25th Pakistani Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Tim Russ: American actor director and screenwriter
- Manuel Saval: Mexican actor (Born 1956)
- Markus Schatte: German footballer manager and coach
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?