Sunday 16 December 1951
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Adriana Aguirre and Bill Bateman.
The African Queen, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dragnet.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 December 1951!
Which were the important events of 16 December 1951 ?
- R.C. Saints - O Sapientia ; Adelaide of Italy
- South Africa - Day of Reconciliation
- Nepal - Constitution Day (To be confirmed)
- Kazakhstan - Independence Day
- Bahrain - National Day
- Bangladesh - Victory Day
- Adriana Aguirre: Argentina star and actress.
- Bill Bateman: American musician, a drummer with The Blasters.
- Fabrizia Carminati: Italian television announcer and television personality, working for Mediaset, a mass media company which is the largest commercial broadcaster in the country, founded in the 1970s by former Italian prime minister Silvio Berlusconi.
- Sally Emerson: English author and poet.
- Mike Flanagan: American baseball player coach and sportscaster (d. 2011).
- Robben Ford: American guitarist and songwriter (L.A. Express and Yellowjackets)
- Mark Heard: American singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (d. 1992)
- Shinji Yamashita: Japanese actor
- Aykut Barka: Turkish scientist (d. 2002)
- Salar Jung Museum is opened to the public by Prime Minister of India Jawaharlal Nehru.
- EBR-1, the world's first (experimental) nuclear power plant, opens.
- A chartered C46 Curtis Commando crash lands in Cobourg, Ontario Canada all on board survived.
- WMO becomes a specialized agency of the United Nations.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 December 1951
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1951 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?