Monday 16 February 2009
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Crack A Bottle by Eminem.
He's Just Not That Into You, directed by Ken Kwapis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Last Straw by Jeff Kinne was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2009.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 February 2009!
Which were the important events of 16 February 2009 ?
- Saint Juliana
- Saint Lucilla
- Remembrance of Lambertus
- Saint Jeremias
- Saints Daniel, Samuel and Elias
- Kyoto Protocol Day (2005)
- Lithuania - Independence Day (1918)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 16 February
- Stephen Kim Sou-hwan: Korean Cardinal, Protopriest of the Holy Roman Church (Born 1921).
- Section 76 of the United Kingdom's Counter-Terrorism Act 2008mdasha law that criminalizes publishing information about the Armed Forces, the Security Service, the Secret Intelligence Service, or Government Communications Headquartersmdashis effected. (BBC)
- An Israeli lawyer convicted of defrauding Holocaust survivors is arrested for planning to flee the country. (''Jerusalem Post'')
- BitTorrent tracker The Pirate Bay's trial begins in Stockholm, Sweden. (BBC)
- Late 2000s recession:
- Japan's gross domestic product contracted by 12.7 percent in the fourth fiscal quarter of 2008. (AP via ''New York Times'')
- BMW cuts 850 jobs at its Mini factory in Cowley, Oxfordshire, England. (BBC)
- The United Kingdom's economy is expected to contract by 3.3 percent throughout 2009. (Bloomberg)
- The British Royal Navy's nuclear submarine HMS ''Vanguard'' and the French Navy's ''Le Triomphant'' collide in the Atlantic Ocean on February 3 or 4. (Sky News)
- Protesters and police clash in Guadeloupe as part of general strikes. (France 24)
- Pakistan will implement sharia in the war-torn Swat Valley if the Taliban guarantees a ceasefire. (BBC)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?