Monday 9 February 2009
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of February people in US were listening to My Life Would Suck Without You by Kelly Clarkson.
He's Just Not That Into You, directed by Ken Kwapis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Last Straw by Jeff Kinne was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2009.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 February 2009!
Which were the important events of 9 February 2009 ?
- Saint Apollonia, patron saint of dentists and dental technicians
- Saint Ansbert of Rouen
- Saint Maroon's Day - Lebanon
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 09 February
- Eluana Englaro: an Italian woman who lived in a persistent vegetative state for 17 years (Born 1970).
- New York Yankees' baseball superstar Alex Rodriguez admits to having used performance-enhancing steroids earlier in his career, over a three-year period from 2001 to 2003 with the Texas Rangers.
- Ten-year-old Sussex spaniel Clussexx Three D Grinchy Glee wins the 2009 Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show's Best-in-Show Award. (''Los Angeles Times'')
- Bishop Richard Williamson is removed from a Roman Catholic seminary in Argentina after denying the Holocaust. (BBC)
- Automotive industry crisis of 2008-2009:
- Japan's Nissan Motors cuts 20,000 jobs because of the global economic downturn. (CNN)
- France's government announces a €6.5-billion bailout for the automotive industry. (''International Herald Tribune'')
- Cécile Manorohanta resigns as Madagascar's Minister for Defense. (AFP via Google News)
- Bushfires in Victoria, Australia, have now killed at least 130 people and destroyed at least 750 homes. (Daily Telegraph)
- A Tamil Tiger suicide bomber kills 28 people and injures 90 others at a Sri Lankan refugee camp. (Sky News)
- The Associated Press receives a video showing Pakistani militants beheading kidnapped Polish engineer Piotr Stanczak. (AP via Google News)
- A video confirms that al-Qaeda has kidnapped Canadian diplomat Robert Fowler in Niger. (''The Globe and Mail'')
- Major League Baseball player Alex Rodriguez admits using performance-enhancing drugs between . (ESPN)
- A fire destroys the Television Cultural Center in Beijing, China. (''New York Times'')
- The mythical birthplace of Zeus is possibly discovered at Mount Lykaion, Greece. (FOX News)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?