Tuesday 17 February 2009
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Crack A Bottle by Eminem.
He's Just Not That Into You, directed by Ken Kwapis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Last Straw by Jeff Kinne was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Actors Reporter Interviews.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Big Brain Wolf or X-Men Origins: Wolverine.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2009.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 February 2009!
Which were the important events of 17 February 2009 ?
- Saint Evermodus
- Saint Alexis Falconieri (d. 1310)
- Saint Seven Founders of the Servites
- Random Acts of Kindness Day.
- Ancient Latvia - Tanis Diena observed.
- Saint Silvinus
- Roman Empire - Quirinalia in honor of Quirinus.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 17 February
- The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission charges Texas billionaire Allen Stanford and three of his companies with fraudulently selling US$8 billion in high-yield certificates of deposit. Stanford International Bank is based in Antigua with 30,000 clients in 131 countries and US$8.5 billion in assets.
- United States President Barack Obama authorizes the deployment of 12,000 more soldiers into the Afghanistan War. (CNN)
- British lawyer David Mills is sentenced to four-and-a-half years in jail for accepting a £400,000 bribe from Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi. (BBC)
- Walter Veltroni resigns as Secretary of Italy's Democratic Party. (BBC)
- Legal charges against The Pirate Bay are amended. (''The Local'')
- Late 2000s recession in the Americas:
- U.S. President Obama signs the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 in Denver, Colorado. (CNN)
- General Motors and Chrysler inform the U.S. federal government that they will need additional loans of $21.6 billion. (CNN)
- Shōichi Nakagawa will resign as Japan's Minister of Finance after the National Diet approves a budget in April. (AP via Google News)
- California will lay off 20,000 government workers, due to the State Legislature's failure to pass a budget. (Reuters)
- U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton arrives in Japan to deliberate the global economic crisis and international security. (Sky News)
- Former Khmer Rouge leader Kang Kek Iew stands trial before the Extraordinary Chambers in Cambodia. (CNN)
- Irish Nationwide Chairman Michael Walsh resigns over his involvement in questionable loan arrangements with Anglo Irish Bank. (RTÉ)
- Fifty people are detained in Guadeloupe after general strikes escalate into rioting. (''International Herald Tribune'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?