Wednesday 16 January 1935
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
David Copperfield, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
while Green Light by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1935.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1935!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1935 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- A J Foyt in Houston: Texas, USA; auto race driver (Indy 500 1961, 1964, 1967, 1977).
- AJ Foyt: American race car driver with the longest winning record in the Indianapolis 500.
- Anthony Foyt: Houston sports Champions.
- A Foyt: American race car driver.
- Udo Lattek: German footballer manager and sportscaster (d. 2015).
- The FBI kills the Barker Gang, including Ma Barker, in a shootout.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?